Welcome to week four of the One Room Challenge (ORC)! Honestly, I don’t have much of an update this week.
I was hoping to have either the bookshelf painted or the closet organized to show off this week, but sometimes other things come up, and it’s okay to pause the house projects.
I spent some time with my 90-year-old Grandmom last week instead of painting and organizing, which is way more important in my book.
I also spent some time with Nicole Curtis. Priorities, people.
If you’re just popping in, the ORC is a six-week design challenge hosted by Calling It Home. Bloggers and interior designers make over a whole room in just six weeks!
Kalen and I are finally updating our home office. Here’s the design plan for the room:
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click the link and buy something, I may receive a small percentage of sales at no extra cost to you.
We’re not tackling any major projects or renovations (enough of those for awhile!), but we have a few things to do in here:
- Update the light fixture (still needs to be hung, you can read more about the hunt for a light fixture here)
- Paint the bookshelf (in progress)
- New hardware (for the bookshelf, which isn’t painted yet!)
- New desk chair (done!)
- Curtains (done – read all about hemming them here!)
- Throw pillows (done, more to come on those!)
- Organize the craft closet (in progress)
More of a real room update to come next week, I promise! In fact, I’m off to finish painting the bookshelf now.
Thank you to my One Room Challenge sponsors for working with me to get this home office whipped into shape!
You can follow along with the home office makeover progress here:
- Week 1: The home office ‘before’
- Week 2: How to hem curtains
- Week 3: 10 pretty silver light fixtures
- Week 4: you’re here!
- Week 5: How to organize a craft closet without spending a dime
- Week 6: The home office makeover reveal
- Extra project: How to paint a bookshelf
- Extra project: How to make a throw pillow from extra fabric